Hot answers tagged


Braces. They come in a variety of shapes. K frames, X frames, eccentric frames, etc. . . . .


The generic term is Bracing. You will often find it further qualified as Cross Bracing, Diagonal Bracing or Triangular Bracing, depending on the whim of the person doing it.


Another common term, used in many trades, is bracing, such as diagonal bracing.


One common name is shear ties.

Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible