New answers tagged


The terms you are looking for are Major and Minor pressure losses. Which are a misnomer for systems on the scale your are talking about, since "Minor" losses are usually the greater. The pressure drop across any feature of the system (sudden expansion, sudden contraction, a split, a component like a valve) is: $\Delta P = 0.5 k\rho Q^2/A^2$ $\rho$...

Top 50 recent answers are included