- (what I believe to be a diametral) Pitch of 32
- Pitch Diameter of 1.5" (38.1mm)
- Outer Diameter of 1.563" (39.7002mm)
- 20° Pressure Angle
- 48 Teeth
I have access to a 3D printer and am trying to calculate a gear that will mesh with my physical gear given these specs. I printed a smaller first gear that happened to mesh perfectly with the physical gear. When I increased the number of teeth (thus increasing the PD and OD of the gear in the generator) the teeth and distance between the teeth appeared to increase as well, not meshing well with the physical gear at all.
New gear specs:
- Pitch Diameter of 1.2" (30.48mm)
- Outer Diameter (Auto calculated, but I think it should be) 1.2" + .063" (30.48mm + 1.6002mm)
- Same Pressure Angle
- *No blacklash
Is there a way to calculate a gear that will mesh, or will I have to empirically derive the gear tooth and pitch by printing out gear after gear to see if it fits?