I have a rotary pump and want to gain knowledge about its characteristics. I have an uncalibrated flow meter. At best I want to get a flowrate/pressure-diagram.
I understand, I need to analyse the flow sensor in advance.
Things I have:
- Voltage and current measurement equipment
- Counter and/or microcontroller for evaluating rotary sensor pulses
- vast set of tubing and fittings which can be connected to the pump and the flow sensor.
- graduated beaker
Things I don't have:
- Pressure sensors
- calibrated sensors
- calibrated pumps.
- Can I gain pump characteristics without usage of pressure sensors?
- How can I calibrate the flow sensor without a calibrated source of flow rate?
- What is a setup for getting the full Q/P-Diagram without?