I'm looking for a type of screw like this:

enter image description here

but with even smaller diameter (pin size) smooth end. Preferably M6 thread and less than 2mm diameter end, preferably smooth. If specific part recommendations are not allowed on this forum, just a general clue of where to find something like this would be appreciated.

  • $\begingroup$ The diameter ratio for this type of nose on a set screw (grub screw) typically has only one choice, so 2mm nose on M6 might not be a common part $\endgroup$
    – Pete W
    Commented Feb 22 at 17:35

1 Answer 1


It's called a dog point grub screw and you may be able to find your desired object at McMaster-Carr. The site has a selector panel and one of the entries in the panel includes the ability to specify the tip diameter. Notice also that tip length is in the selector panel. Image from linked site:

McMaster-Carr selector panel

  • 1
    $\begingroup$ He might be looking for a needle valve screw. $\endgroup$
    – Phil Sweet
    Commented Feb 22 at 12:09
  • 1
    $\begingroup$ @PhilSweet, I suppose that's possible, but the image attached to the question is the dog point grub screw. $\endgroup$
    – fred_dot_u
    Commented Feb 22 at 20:24
  • $\begingroup$ @PhilSweet Needle valve adjusting screw is indeed closer to what I was looking for, except that the size choice is very limited and specific to each valve model. $\endgroup$ Commented Feb 23 at 6:39

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.