Looking for a compliant mechanism that can witsdent sheat force but still move in another axis

Is there such compliant mechanism that can resist shear force but still bend like a hinge?

Is it even possible?


1 Answer 1


Yes, such a device is called a compliant hinge or a flexure hinge. Here is an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WceyxTb_xVc


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.