enter image description here I found this in the USS Yorktown aircraft carrier (it’s open for public tours)

I know it’s a 3 phase connector of some kind, but what type of plug connects to it? Is it a nationwide standard or something specific for the ship?

In addition to the 3 phases, there’s also 3 separate holes at the top of for ground

  • $\begingroup$ Did you get a pic of the info on the brass plate behind? That may have helped. $\endgroup$
    – Solar Mike
    Mar 20, 2023 at 14:24
  • $\begingroup$ @SolarMike I did not. But IIRC it said something along the lines of ‘Connected to random jumble of numbers and letters $\endgroup$
    – rsn
    Mar 20, 2023 at 14:28
  • $\begingroup$ Weel, it starts with "Casualty po.." and "BHD Rise..." $\endgroup$
    – Solar Mike
    Mar 20, 2023 at 14:30
  • $\begingroup$ @SolarMike causality power terminal… and BHD riser. Sorry that’s all I have :/ $\endgroup$
    – rsn
    Mar 20, 2023 at 14:43
  • $\begingroup$ well one of us can't read the brass plate... "Causality..."? $\endgroup$
    – Solar Mike
    Mar 20, 2023 at 15:08

1 Answer 1


enter image description here

The surface Navy had (has?) a whole set of casualty electrical power systems for use in restoring power. This is part of those systems. I say surface Navy because I sure don't remember this on my submarine.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.