I want to create some 2D and 3D drawings of simple trusses and frames. and I was wondering, what is the software used to create the graphics seen in structural analysis textbooks (example: R.C Hibbeler Structural Analysis and Ferdinand P. Beer Mechanics of Materials), such as these:

enter image description here

some graphics examples in this Imgur album

  • $\begingroup$ Best to ask this on Academia SE $\endgroup$
    – DKNguyen
    Dec 12, 2021 at 20:18
  • $\begingroup$ For many books it was a human, called a draughtsman. For the PC, draughtsperson. $\endgroup$
    – Solar Mike
    Dec 12, 2021 at 20:35
  • 1
    $\begingroup$ Any graphic process software can do that - Paint, Paint Brush... as well as many 3D graphic generating software. $\endgroup$
    – r13
    Dec 12, 2021 at 20:39
  • 1
    $\begingroup$ I agree, these are most likely drawn "by hand" - either literally or using a vector graphics package such as Adobe Illustrator. $\endgroup$ Dec 12, 2021 at 20:58
  • 2
    $\begingroup$ Tip: add at least one image into your question. Not many readers are going to follow links just to understand your question. $\endgroup$
    – Transistor
    Dec 12, 2021 at 21:35


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.