I would like to look for a shaft collar like the one used in this photo of a cable robot:
enter image description here

As you can see, there is a flexure that clamps the collar onto the shaft (as a shaft collar does). In addition, there are two screw holes where the collar can secure to a pulley.

When shaft collar is typed into google you get an infinity of these, so clearly I don't have good search terms or the correct name for this type of component: enter image description here

  • 1
    $\begingroup$ There is a variety of shaft collars. A good way to figure out names is McMaster, which has one of the best parts websites I can think of -- mcmaster.com/shaft-collars/construction~one-piece/… ... As NMech points out, the picture is also showing a flange feature, which may be the more unique feature in the picture. $\endgroup$
    – Pete W
    Oct 6, 2021 at 16:17

1 Answer 1


You can look for

  • mountable shaft collar with flange or
  • flanged mount

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.