Spring on shaft with retaining clip

I need to get another component like this but I can't seem to find any manufacturers / retailers.

To describe it:
It is spring mounted on a shaft and retained by bushing on the top and an enlarged shaft diameter bottom. E-clip on top is for securing shaft in place. Spring pushes the pin down.

If anyone knows what they are called, I would like to know.

  • $\begingroup$ A spring-loaded pin maybe? $\endgroup$
    – am304
    Feb 5, 2015 at 9:47
  • $\begingroup$ They are almost what I need but they seem to be connection pins (like test probes). I would need something like that but made out of steel preferably. $\endgroup$
    – Eduards
    Feb 5, 2015 at 9:58
  • 2
    $\begingroup$ Generically, this would be called a spring plunger. They are common with wither male threads on the exterior, or for press-fitting. I'm not sure what you'd call one that mounts that way specifically. $\endgroup$
    – Ethan48
    Feb 5, 2015 at 14:35
  • $\begingroup$ What is this part used for? Is it used for workholding? $\endgroup$ Feb 12, 2015 at 6:04

1 Answer 1


Perhaps a press-fit spring plunger?

Some product codes to get you started: - MCS: 05137617, 05137815, 65155566 - Grainger: 2YLK5, 2YLN2, 2YLL9


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.