I am trying to mimic the behavior of the following video:


I'm interested in the ball joints connected to the platform. I've searched for them online, but I only find ball joint rod ends that are at a 90 degree angle with a large shank. Are these types of joints in the video custom made or can they be purchased? I've seen them on some 3D printers too.

  • 1
    $\begingroup$ "Inline ball joint", and other names which are much more ambiguos. The likely problem is you need to find better stores to search...one where you can easily by picture cough McMaster Carr cough $\endgroup$
    – DKNguyen
    Commented Jun 22, 2021 at 14:02
  • $\begingroup$ That did it! I found this on McMaster which hopefully does the trick. mcmaster.com/catalog/127/1364 $\endgroup$
    – Clay
    Commented Jun 22, 2021 at 14:14
  • $\begingroup$ I'm pretty sure that is CGI. $\endgroup$
    – Drew
    Commented Jul 19, 2022 at 3:27

1 Answer 1


Thanks to DKNguyen, I think I found what I was looking for on McMaster https://www.mcmaster.com/8412K41/

enter image description here

CGW edits: adding a cutaway diagram for completeness enter image description here


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.