I'm looking for a sensor or a tool for tracking motion on a surface similar to Ultrasound probe, for a relatively small movement, about less than 30cm, and it needs to be able to tilt. standard computer mouse for example would work fine if I didn't need to tilt and move simuletanousely. I know it can be done with accelerometer, but according to what I've read it is not practically useful (maybe it's outdated).

  • $\begingroup$ A wacom tablet and a holder for the pen so you can move it like a mouse. Or just slap a gyroscopic sensor on the mouse. $\endgroup$
    – joojaa
    May 12, 2021 at 19:57
  • $\begingroup$ what do you mean by "tilt"? would something like a touchpad work? $\endgroup$
    – Pete W
    May 13, 2021 at 0:34
  • $\begingroup$ Any smart phone. $\endgroup$ May 13, 2021 at 1:19
  • $\begingroup$ @StainlessSteelRat does the smartphone accelerometer sensors would give me a reliable deltas of movement? $\endgroup$ May 13, 2021 at 7:53
  • $\begingroup$ @joojaa, I've edited my question $\endgroup$ May 13, 2021 at 8:40


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.