What is the shiny metal piece around the tube in the picture called?

  • 5
    $\begingroup$ It looks like a bimini tube eye-end fitting. Lots of types, sizes, makers. amazon.com/Amadget-Bimini-Hardware-Fitting-Stainless/dp/… $\endgroup$
    – Phil Sweet
    Commented Mar 28, 2021 at 10:07
  • 1
    $\begingroup$ @PhilSweet It’s best to post answers as answers. $\endgroup$
    – Eric S
    Commented Dec 23, 2021 at 15:32
  • $\begingroup$ @Eric's that is a shopping answer ... probably off topic, same as a shopping question $\endgroup$
    – jsotola
    Commented Apr 22, 2022 at 15:24
  • $\begingroup$ @jsotola Asking what something is called isn't a shopping question. The point of shopping questions not being allowed is that the become outdated after a couple of years. This answer will not become outdated; at least as far as what that fitting is called, not necessarily the brand. $\endgroup$
    – Drew
    Commented Aug 21, 2022 at 8:58

1 Answer 1


A chromed shock absorber or a chromed shock absorber cover.

  • 2
    $\begingroup$ I think it is just a housing for receiving and fastening the tubular steel in the furniture assembly. $\endgroup$
    – r13
    Commented Aug 25, 2021 at 18:08

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.