Consider the following extract from a UK reinforced concrete detail drawing dated 1970:

enter image description here

What is the modern equivalent to this concrete class?

  • $\begingroup$ The drawing probably predates the vast majority of EngineeringSE contributors :-) $\endgroup$
    – NMech
    Nov 17 '20 at 15:50
  • $\begingroup$ Find the definition for that class and compare to modern standards. You may have to go to technical publications and / or visit a library as it may not be on the web yet unless you are lucky and someone has needed it... $\endgroup$
    – Solar Mike
    Nov 17 '20 at 16:08
  • $\begingroup$ @NMech It predates me as well. However, there must be a subset of civil engineers who work on the rehabilitation of old structures such as these. $\endgroup$
    – egg
    Nov 18 '20 at 10:18

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.