What is the name of this thing?

I am trying to find it by keywords like "hex hey reduction" etc. but so far no results. My problem is that the plastic socket is easily damaged and I want to find a similar item, but made from metal only.

enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here


2 Answers 2


Another name you might find it is Hex bit adapter.

or Hex Shank Socket Nut Driver Set Drill Bit

Amazon has a nice set that you might like


Male to female hex adapter would be what I would start with, then start adding in dimensions.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.