I live in a very smokey and dry area where people are advised to use air purifiers. Since it's also dry I'm curious what affects, if any, adding a humidifier to a room with an air purifier would have?
When I looked into it, it seems like moisture can affect pollution and actually bring it down to the ground level e.g creating smog, so it seems like adding a humidifier to a room with an air purifier must have some effect but what that effect would be is hard to figure out.
- Would the increased humidity cause particles to stick to the water and be easier to pick up by an air filter?
- Would it just help my body absorb the pollution better and not the filter at all so it's actually worse?
- Nothing, something, else?
Any concrete advice would, of course, be appreciated too, like:
- Do NOT run a humidifier
- Run a humidifier but only if it's an atomizer
- Run a humidifier but only in front of your air purifier to pull pollution out quicker
Thanks for the time!