I recently encountered the following practical problem. We have a system of several layers:
- a neodymium magnet; a disc, dimensions and grade to be determined
- 1 mm of 925 sterling silver; we can suppose that this is a disc, diameter 15 mm
- 0.5 mm of paper or tissue (cotton)
- 1 mm of the same silver disc
- again, a neodymium magnet
How can I estimate the attraction force between these two magnets in this system based on their dimensions and grade? I found several estimators online (this one, for example) but they all assume that there is nothing between the magnets.
Even being able to estimate "X mm in diameter and Y mm in thickness would yield at least Z grams of pull" would be great.