We are going to be increasing our capacity in our component company next year and I am looking for a little advice. We are thinking about using our loader/unloader CNC for cutting part outlines only and doing the secondary machining on either a vertical CNC or a skipper machine. Here are my questions about both machines.
- Is the depth accuracy of these machines right? We are not just drilling holes but have a joint that has to be right on the money depth-wise.
- Do they run parts quickly or will it just be the new bottleneck since you are only running one at a time?
- Any other pros or cons on these would be great to know
SKIPPER I like the idea of the skipper because it can process 2 parts at a time.
- Is it hard to control depth since you are stacking 2 panels?
- How does the post-work from cabinet vision?
- Any other pros and cons would be great
It seems the trend is vertical CNC machining for what I am talking about I am just having a hard time seeing the efficiency but there again I have never run one. Thanks in advance for your input.