I have a compressor with this type of outlet:

enter image description here

I am not sure how it is called, but it works for my bicycle and car.

Then I have a blow out gun to clean electronics by a stream of compressed air. The problem is that the blow out gun has a different inlet:

enter image description here

It makes an audible click when it connects.

I would like to connect the two, but unfortunately I cannot find any adapter. The closest thing that remotely looks like it can do the job is this coupling for a welding torch.

I have already used the two together with a plastic hose that I forcibly held in place by one hand while operating the blow out gun with the other. However, the lack of an adapter in the marketplace makes me wonder if I am doing something very wrong.

I see that there are essentially two types of compressors:

  1. The ones that have this click-on outlet by default - generally more expensive
  2. The ones that don't - generally cheaper

Is there a way I can make the compressor work with the blow out gun, or do I need to buy a second one?

  • 1
    $\begingroup$ Try searching for "schrader valve to quick connect adapters", maybe you can find something that works. I Googled that phrase and found things to buy, but I didn't check the specs. $\endgroup$
    – J. Ari
    Commented Jun 23, 2020 at 15:15

1 Answer 1


If your car has a tire infiltrator ; no. They are too low volume for any "blowing". Unless you want to build a reservoir , like a large tire. Then fill it for a minute or so and you have enough volume for a several second blow. I have a similar tire inflater , free standing, it is pretty hot after pumping a few minutes to top off four tires. So I doubt they are good to operate for hours. It is about a $ 100 Michelin brand.

  • $\begingroup$ I see, so the reason for the absence of this adapter is that the compressors used for cars and bicycles are usually too weak to power a blow gun. $\endgroup$ Commented Jun 23, 2020 at 21:33

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.