I am working on design of the column which contains the water tanker and the pump + electronics at the bottom. I have tried different solutions and they failed. I would like to know your advice on this R&D problem with the goal to be able to achieve the the robustness, manufacturing easy process and low cost.
Objective: User put the tube as a column in vertical position. The tube is separated inside in 2 parts by the false bottom. The upper part is used as a water tank. The lower part contains the water pump. The false bottom contains the hole which is used to pass the water from the upper section to the lower section with the help of the pump. The water pipe fitting hose connector is fixed through the hole.
Requirements: Tube + false bottom
- The material of the tube shall be one of the next list: PVC, uPVC, ABS, Acrylic/PMMA, PC/Polycarbonate
- The material of the wall separation shall be one of the next list: PVC, uPVC, ABS, Acrylic/PMMA, PC/Polycarbonate
- The tube shape shall be cylindrical
- The tube shall be separated inside in 2 sections: the upper section to contains the water and used as a water tank the lower section to contains the water pump
- The false bottom shall not pass the water from the upper section to the lower
- The false bottom thickness shall not exceed 6 mm
- The upper tube section shall contain minimum 4 liters of volume
- The upper tube section shall contain the water with no leakage
- The lower tube section shall contain maximum 1 liter of volume
- The lower tube section height shall be maximum 100 mm
- The tube diameter shall be >= 110 and <= 150 mm
- The tube height shall be >= 400 and <= 700 mm
- The tube wall thickness (the difference between outer diameter and inner diameter) shall be >= 2 and <= 6 mm
- The false bottom shall be resistant to the weight of 10 kg placed on the wall separation inside the upper section
- The false bottom shall be functional after 10 drop tests with different orientations from the height of 1 m
I have designed this custom plug and 3d printed it with different sealing rings diameters. The problem is that:
- It is very difficult to insert the plug with sealing in the PVC pipe (12 cm diameter).
- The PVC pipe is not uniform and so the sealing does not works perfectly, so there is a water leakage
- This solution doesn't seems to be a good one for production
I am going to search more on:
- existing plumbing solutions to separate the water from the dry section
- factories if they are able to produce the tube with the inner separation wall
- extruded plastic disks which could be fixed to the tube walls by the heater
Do you know any existing plumbing solutions or could you advice me something to solve this problem in the most efficient manner?
Note: The solution with a silicone sealing is acceptable for a prototype but not the good one for production