I'm working on a final report for the mechanics of material course, and the project was to choose a structure or mechanical element and carry out stress analysis using solidworks and then confirm results with hand calculations. I have chosen a 4-wheel mobile robot structure and worked out the numerical analysis, but confused with the analytical requirements which are:
- The generated six independent stresses.
- The generated six independent strains.
- The generated three principal stresses.
- The generated maximum shear stress.
- The generated equivalent Von-Mises stress.
- The resulting displacement.
I have assumed a load of 500N on the upper surface of the structure and don't know how to start.
If you have a resource for a similar problem or you have a clear intuition, I would be grateful to receive your help.