We develop a test station where we might have H2 leakage.
To prevent explosion we are considering intertisation using N2 gas (primary explosion protection).
However we also want to detect leakage events.
We are searching for a sensor, which (ideally) has the following characteristics:
- Reliable H2 readings in Air and N2/Air mixtures
- Temperature range -55 °C .. 80 °C
- Range, 0 .. LEL (4% vol-N2)
- t90 smaller 15s
- ATEX certified
- PL according to EN ISO 13849-1
- less than 5000 USD
- combination of sensors also possible First point is mandatory. In the otherpoints compromises are possible.
Sensors on the catalytic of electrochemical type seem to rely on O2. I have found sensors based on thermal conductivity, but these seem to have a bigger range and cost.
Any idea, what to use?