I am a photo technician working in photographic labs to repair printing machines.
I am trying to better understand how these machines operate.
Blue laser gun
- Laser gun type = 473 $nm$ blue dpss.
- On label = maximum output 50 $mW$, 473 $nm$, type 3b laser.
- Actual output power according to the manufacturer specification = 102 $\mu W$.
- Now when I read with the power meter = 40.6 $\mu W$.
Green laser gun
- laser gun type = 532 $nm$ blue dpss.
- on label = maximum output 100 $mW$, 532 $nm$, type 3b laser.
- actual output power according to the manufacturer specification = 706 $\mu W$.
- now when I read with the power meter = 279 $\mu W$.
My questions are:
If a 473 $nm$ dpss module outputs power at the exit window at 102 $\mu W$, what is the power of diode?
If a 532 $nm$ dpss module outputs power at the exit window at 705 $\mu W$, what is the power of diode? You can say approximately, according to your experience, just a starting point to start replacing experiment of laser diodes.
In this dpss laser modules the pump laser diode portion and the frequency doubling crystal portion are separated by a chamber. There is c-mount and to five 9mm laser diodes are used. I know how to replace / align a diode inside the gun.
Now I want to replace the original diodes with the new one for the both modules due to week output. Suppliers discontinue this product and they are not supporting it any more. My question is what is the output power of the diode in side the laser guns? Approximately what is the diode power to start replacing diode?