Currently, I am trying to find rotameter calibrated for R134A gas flow. However, most companies only sell rotameter or variable area flowmeter for water/Air/Nitrogen flow. Is it possible to use any air rotameter for R134A and convert the scale reading to corresponding refrigerant flow through the use of rotameter conversion equation(shown below) ? Will the converted mass flow rate be accurate?

Qs = Qi * sqrt((TsPa)/(TaPs)) Where Qs = true SCFM Qi = indicated flowrate ('SCFM') Ts = calibration temp (R) Ta = actual temp (R) Pa = actual pressure (psia) Ps = calibration pressure (psia) Thank you!


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.