I have a question about design automation or generative design.
There is a company that creates pumps. Their work-flow is following:
1) create design of a pump using CAD
2) create mesh for computer simulation
3) perform simulation (usually fluid dynamics)
4) using results of a simulation, decide if the design is good enough
5) if not, go back to step 1
They are doing all these steps by hand. I was wondering if there is any possibility to automate any of these steps.
For example algorithm or software that takes the design and tries to change important parameters (for example length or width of something) based on simulation results automatically (= performs some kind of optimization of the given parameter).
Is this something that generative design can accomplish? I am completely new to this field (however I have a background in CFD simulations). I will I really appreciate any help, introduction or link, so I can learn the basics.