I'm trying to find out the term used for the practice of interchanging/relocating/swapping 2 machines to compensate the wear and tear caused by the operation frequency differences between them. This is a practice used in machine plants where a bunch of similar machines are being utilized and where some machines get used more than the others. For example coin store laundries do swap their most used machines with the ones getting less attention because they are located at the back of these stores.

I'm told that there's a term for this practice.

  • 1
    $\begingroup$ The words 'balancing' and 'rotation' come to mind, but as soon as you include the word 'machine' with them in a google search, everything gets buried under links about wheel balancing and rotating machinery generally... $\endgroup$ Oct 24 '19 at 9:37
  • 1
    $\begingroup$ Yes, that is called rotation, but it needs a little help from context. $\endgroup$
    – Phil Sweet
    Oct 24 '19 at 10:26
  • $\begingroup$ Would the terms "Rotational Machine Load Balancing" or "Load Balancing Machine Rotation" give a clear message? What do you understand when you hear these terms? $\endgroup$
    – Montag451
    Oct 24 '19 at 12:52

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.