I want to set up steel truck fenders production line, but have no idea how to do that. Something like this picture.

Edit1: I have two plans to form final curved shape , using a hydraulic press or using a customized rolling machine . Final products must have no riples .

enter image description here

  • $\begingroup$ Voting to close as too broad, although it's also opinion-based. You do it by buying someone's factory, and moving it to your location. Or you go to work at someone's factory for about ten years (preferably with a dozen of your friends), and then you all go home with most of the the knowledge you need. $\endgroup$ – TimWescott Sep 18 '19 at 21:05
  • $\begingroup$ TimWescott I know the basics and i made some samples using sheet metal bender ,hammer and an English wheel . But i want to know industrial products process . $\endgroup$ – bryan c Sep 19 '19 at 4:15
  • $\begingroup$ Welcome to Engineering! This looks like a 'Naive design' question. Such questions are excessively broad and are therefore not a good fit for our format. See if you can edit your question to make it specific and answerable. $\endgroup$ – Wasabi Sep 20 '19 at 1:57

Your raw material will come in the form of a large spool of sheet metal containing a strip of steel hundreds of meters long. You will need an unspooler to feed steel off the spool and a straightener to take the curvature out of the steel strip. Then you need either a punch press or a shear to cut the sheet metal blanks to size and trim their corners. To put ripples or corrugations into the cut blanks, you will need a roller die or a rolling mill. To put a folded edge onto the sides of the blank you will need either a bending brake or a set of progressive dies. To bend the fenders into their final curved shape you will need a sheet metal press and to smooth out any resulting ripples you will need an ironing press.

To attach the mounting brackets you will need an electric spot welder. Finally, you will need either an electrostatic spray booth to paint them or a powder coating rig.

| improve this answer | |

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.