I am trying to verify windfarmer generation estimates manually. To do so I am trying to manually calculate the estimated energy production (kWh) of a wind turbine. The information I have available is the
- Hourly weather data (wind speed, direction & air density at Hub Height, and temperature)
- Power Curve of wind Turbine
- Thrust Coefficient of wind turbine
- Temperature de-ration curve of wind turbine
- Turbine specifications (blade radius, swept area, cut in & cut out speeds, Cp, Rated Power, etc)
How would I use this data to estimate the potential annual generation?
I tried multiplying hourly wind speeds * the specific value in the power curve, then de-rating the result based on the given temperature, However it seems to significantly overestimate the answer.
Unfortunately I cannot share the data, but all I am looking for is a formula or calculation methodology. Any help be greatly appreciated!