Putting together a project, I've found this clutch but I've never seen this type before. It has a sort of flexible plate connecting the two parts, attached to both in two places corresponding to where the four teeth are. It seems to be working but I have no idea what torque it's ok for and how much I should compress it, if at all. Sorry for the shitty photo quality. photo of the coupling


It could either be an oldham coupling. The photo's a bit blurry. Here's a web page on oldham couplings. https://www.huco.com/products/couplings/oldham-couplings

Oldham Coupling


or it could be a Flexible flange coupling

Flexible flange coupling

  • $\begingroup$ It's definitely not the Oldham, because it has a middel disk. But the second guess is correct. $\endgroup$ Jul 23 '19 at 9:32
  • $\begingroup$ See also Jaw or Spider couplings, like these: google.com/… $\endgroup$
    – Catalyst
    Jul 23 '19 at 15:46

These drive clutches can be used to absorb drive train shocks and/or slight mis-alignments of the two shafts.

These are available in several sizes and capacities.

Flexible coupling or flexible drive coupling or flexible shaft couplings, see:

enter link description here


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.