The component I am interested in is the blue "head" in the attached image. I call it the sensor head but will like to know if it has a specific industry name enter image desciption here

  • $\begingroup$ Waterproof connection housing? $\endgroup$
    – Solar Mike
    Jan 27, 2019 at 20:21
  • $\begingroup$ Several possibilities without more information. $\endgroup$ Jan 27, 2019 at 22:12

2 Answers 2


I'd call the blue part the transmitter housing. This usually contains electronics for sensor signal conversion, which converts the sensor (or probe) low level signal to a standard 4-20 mA signal.

The sensor (probe) is the metallic cylinder. And the sensor head (containing the sensing element, membrane/coil) is usually located at the end surface of the sensor.


The part in your image is a Level Transmitter, https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32711941471.html

The silver bit is the transducer, and the blue bit is the transmitter/


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.