This is a gear that transfers force from a motorcycle kickstarter to the transmission. What method should I use to repair the missing teeth.
Oddly enough, this problem can be fixed using a set of car keys and your wallet. Here are the steps to follow:
1) put the keys in the ignition of your car, start it, and drive to the motorcycle scrapyard.
2) once there, exchange several pieces of local currency for a gear pulled out of another identical motorcycle.
3) place the gear in your pocket and drive your car home (optional step: purchase a six of your favorite dry-hopped IPA before arrival).
4) installation procedure is the reverse of the disassembly procedure.
5) after washing hands, open the first bottle of IPA.
6) share and enjoy.
First you need to get rid of the leftover cups and cones by grinding it to have a smooth surface.
To get the best result you have to choose the same material but if you don't know the exact composition then, you can choose a similar materials but make sure the extra material has a good solderability, and it has to be compatible with the base alloy.
Then warm up the area, and try to distribute the smelted alloy all over the area.
The last step, is to machine the teeth.
It won't last as long as the new one, in fact warming up the gear weaken the alloy, it means the old teeth near the missing area, are likely to fail.