I am trying to select a BLE module for low power application. I have looked into different BLE modules from different chip manufacturers. For example:
- ISM78G1D Bluetooth Low Energy SIP from Inventek
- Blue Gecko BGM13S Bluetooth® Module - SiP from Silicon Labs
- SimpleLink Multi-Standard CC2652R Wireless MCU from TI
- EZ-BLE and EZ-BT Bluetooth Modules from Cypress
- nRF52840 from Nordic Semiconductor
- Samsung ARTIK™ 020
I am in the process of learning strategies on selecting a BLE module given a few choices. The application will be used in a low power application which includes a sensor to detect objects. We plan to connect the BLE module to the host micro-controller controlling the sensor. The BLE module will communicate to a Gateway (currently being defined) that will transmit the data to the cloud.
Appreciated if someone can provide some guidance on what criteria to use when selecting a BLE module. Thanks for your help!