I have to draw two custom pipes, 1 1/4" & 2", with on one end male tapered pipe thread and on the other end parallel pipe thread. The connections are Parallel female thread with a tapered male thread, with Teflon tape as sealant.
I'm familiar with the metric tread, but the British/ Whitworth thread system is new for me. After a search on the internet and the standards: DIN 3858 / DIN ISO 228, i have the following questions:
- According to DIN 3858, tapered thread largest available size is 1 1/2". Why are there couplings on the market that are larger? In my case 2".
- Is the designation of "Pipe thread DIN 3858 - R 2" correct?
- What is the minimal thickness of the pipes when it concerns tapered thread? Are there guidelines for this?
- For the 2" connection i selected a OD = 60.3 mm, t = 2 mm. (probably too thin)
- For the 1 1/4" connection i selected a OD 42.4 mm, t = 2.6 mm.