1
$\begingroup$

Will a 1 kW induction cook top damage a transistor which is kept on its surface? If yes, what is the mechanism? Is it electromagnetic induction?

$\endgroup$
1
$\begingroup$

An induction heater creates an oscillating magnetic field near the coil.

The "mechanism" to damage an electronic component is that eddy currents are induced in the metal parts of the component. These eddy currents heat up the part until something breaks.

If the part breaks, yes, it will be due to magnetic induction.

$\endgroup$

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.