I am able to find that the class for materials that can be in contact with wine (~10-15% alcohol by volume) is called Class VI-A and Class VI-C, but I am not able to find a list of materials that are approved for those classes. Does anyone have experience with navigating the FDA for a list of materials that are approved for a certain class of use?


  • 1
    $\begingroup$ Each specific polymer blend has to be certified, since additives etc. can throw things off, even if the base material is typically considered to be food safe. What are the other factors that affect your choice of material? Do you need to be transparent? rigid? tough? $\endgroup$ May 30 '18 at 23:31
  • $\begingroup$ @JonathanRSwift Good to know about the additives. It needs to be rigid enough to hold its shape, but can have some flex. Basically it's small diameter bent piping/tubing. $\endgroup$
    – Davbog
    May 31 '18 at 20:47

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.