I am looking for some pretty specific tasks to be carried out by a software program. I’m currently using Civil 3D, but I can’t help but think there is a better program (or at least a better Autodesk based workflow).
Here is an overview of my project, followed by the requirements I’m looking for.
- Approx. 40 locations/sites
- Use hi-res raster aerial images (most obtained via UAV) to analyze properties
- Looking to identify obvious problems such as poor drainage, inadequate parking, deteriorated pavements, potential future growth areas
- The properties are mostly commercial or industrial
- Based on the owner’s vision and property maintenance budget, develop a rudimentary 5-10 year outlook (i.e. install underground storm detention and adjacent pond in 2020, add a loading dock in 2022, etc.)
- Create polygons around problem areas or items of interest
- Ability to assign a polygon to a layer or tag (there will be 10-15 total layers or tags that every markup will fall under
- Automatically change the appearance (color, transparency) depending on the layer or tag
- Quantify square footages, # in each layer or group
- Generate a report in .csv or .txt format for each location