There is a type of screw/ bolt that is flat on top so that it's almost flush when fully seated, but it is not counter-sunk, and it usually takes a hex driver (allen key). I see it used on Ikea furniture frequently, and the only pic I could find of it was from an Ikea manual:

enter image description here

Note that it is not counter-sunk so from the side it looks like a 'T'.

Does anyone know what the correct mech eng jargon term for this screw would be? E.g. if I'm telling someone to switch from a pan-head to this type of screw?



I would call that a wafer head machine screw.


"Low-profile cap head bolt" would describe it also. Googling that returns images like enter image description here

but the accepted answer is technically correct.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.