I have a pressure reducer calibrated for Argon and CO$_2$ output. If I connected it to a gas tank with compressed air, how can I convert the output information "liters of Argon / CO$_2$ per minute" to "pressure of compressed air in bar"?


The units of "liters of Argon / CO2 per minute" is a flow rate (volume delivered in time) and is not equivalent to "pressure of compressed air in Bar" which is pressure (force / area).

Would you get what you need if you connected a pressure gauge to the output side?

  • $\begingroup$ yes, that would work, but as I do not intent to change the output pressure very often I was just curious if I can't convert those two values. It's still a manometer, even though it displays a flow rate, so there should be a way to calculate it, shouldn't it? $\endgroup$
    – muffel
    May 20 '17 at 11:44
  • 1
    $\begingroup$ @muffel Are you sure? Many manual gas flow meters use a little ball that floats on the passing gas and the position of the ball is how the flow rate is read. They resemble a manometer, but they are definitely NOT a manometer. There's no way to use this as a pressure gage. Of course a picture would help. $\endgroup$
    – DLS3141
    Jun 19 '17 at 17:22

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.