Can a new foundation be dug alongside an existing house with a deep foundation or cellar without compromising the structural integrity of the existing house?
Subquestion: should I leave rebar or sth sticking out from the existing foundation to join it with the new foundation?
existing house (not built yet):
- foundation 1.8m deep (wall)
- foundation is on a pad of compacted crushed rock that creates a 1m perimeter around the house. The perimeter above that is filled with sand up to ground level
- wood framed, some brick walls
- walls and pipes will be joined to the existing house
- will have the same type of foundation and frame
- dug into ground, that is fresh - that is never compacted or dug into before.