I need to measure the level of the liquid in a tank. The tank is opened and closed frequently. Measurements are made in milliseconds. I tried to measure the level of the liquid by using an ultrasonic sensor, but the measurement was not accurate enough. I need to measure accurate to one milliliter. Measurements are made from the top of the tank. Can anyone suggest some sensor that will accurately measure the liquid level?
Maybe you could use one of the following:
- level glass
- allows you to read the height of the liquid outside the tank.
- The width of the tube would have to be large enough for capillary action to be neglectable
- If there is a lot of movement inside the tank the water level in the tube might oscillate as well.
- Electronic hydrostatic manometer
- Attached to the bottom of the tank you could easily read the pressure and calculate the height of the liquid