I can't find the name for this kind of hole. It allows the release of the plate by just loosening the bolt a bit, without having to remove it completely.

Searches using "teardrop" or "hole with oblong" do not return the desired results.


I would call that a 'key hole'.

  • 1
    $\begingroup$ Yup, everything I can find calls them "keyhole slots". $\endgroup$
    – JMac
    Feb 1 '17 at 21:53

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.