I am trying to select new hose cam locks to connect to cam locks on an existing pipe system. There seem to be a lot of different types of cam locks as I've searched for them, so I am unsure how I distinguish between them. Are there different swages, groove radii, or other variables that I need to measure so I can match up new cam locks, or are cam locks all the same and only vary by diameter? If there are measurable variables, is there a chart available that lists these variables (e.g. like the charts for measuring steel C-channel weights)?

  • $\begingroup$ Are you talking about cam-locks as in locks that keep a door closed or as in single pole power connectors? Just because both are common terms. $\endgroup$ – Ethan48 Oct 3 '16 at 19:22
  • $\begingroup$ I'm talking about pipe or hose connectors. And I think I may have found my answer on Wikipedia. Oops. I should have stayed persistent. $\endgroup$ – Cohen_the_Librarian Oct 3 '16 at 19:24
  • $\begingroup$ Ah, a third option! If you want to post an answer based on what you found, it may help others in the future. $\endgroup$ – Ethan48 Oct 3 '16 at 19:25

Camlock connectors are capable of carrying liquids, powders and granules and are interchangeable with all other cam and groove couplings made to the same standard (A-A-59326A – formally MIL-C-27487),[1] ensuring compatibility with couplings made to the same specification. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camlock_(fluid_fitting)

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.