If I need to get a pressure of 6 bar at the exit of a nozzle for cleaning purpose, how can I determine the following (assuming nozzle outlet dia to be 5 mm):
- The pump capacity to provide such a pressure.
- The diameter of pipe connecting pump to nozzle assuming total 5 m length.
I'm not looking for mathematically precise answers, but just need to get overall idea of how to calculate the pump and connection specifications.
Some additional information:
- The working fluid is water.
- The nozzle is used to clean a plate which would be kept at distance of 200mm from the nozzle exit.
- The working pressure is specified as 6 bar, which I believe is the stagnation pressure at the nozzle exit.
- The nozzle dia is 5 mm