###Questions on Engineering Stack Exchange are usually well-received when they:
- Identify a specific engineering problem
- Require expert engineering knowledge to solve
- Include any relevant drawings, images or references that may be necessary to understand the problem
- Excite or challenge experienced professionals in the field
###Certain types of questions are never allowed, including:
- Questions asking us to find or recommend a product, service or other external resource
- Questions that invite open-ended discussions or polls
- Questions asking us to proofread or check your calculations
- Questions seeking academic guidance
- Questions asking for help regarding projects where failure could lead to significant harm to people or property (home improvement, etc.). Such topics can only be responsibly answered by hired professionals.
Click on any of the links above to join a discussion on our Meta site.
If your question is not specifically on-topic for Engineering Stack Exchange, it may be on topic for another Stack Exchange site. If no site currently exists that will accept your question, you may commit to or propose a new site at Area 51, the place where new Stack Exchange communities are democratically created.